IAPP Privacy Training
Data is one of your most valuable assets – every day it is being accessed, shared, managed and transferred by people in your organization—in all departments and at all levels. Unless your employees have a solid understanding of the considerations and challenges involved in managing data, you risk a data breach, diminished customer trust and possible enforcement action.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) takes effect on May 25, 2018. CMC has partnered with the world’s largest Privacy Training organization, the International Association of Privacy Professionals, to provide privacy and data protection training programs specifically designed to educate organizations on privacy principles and practices, GDPR regulations and how to stay compliant with GDPR legal requirements.
What organizations have to do:
- Implement “Privacy by Default” and “Privacy by Design”
- Maintain appropriate data security
- Notify data protection agencies and consumers of data breaches
- Get appropriate consent for most personal data collection and provide notification of personal data processing activities
- Get a parent’s consent to collect data for children under 16
- Keep records of all processing of personal information
- Appoint a Data Protection Officer (if you regularly process lots of data, or particularly sensitive data)
- Take responsibility for the security and processing activities of third-party vendors
- Conduct Data Protection Impact Assessments on new processing activities
- Institute safeguards for cross-border data transfers
- Consult with regulators before certain processing activities
- Be able to demonstrate compliance on demand